388 Downie St, Stratford, ON N5A 1X6, Canada
For Sale $1,298,000.00 - Retail
388 Downie Street, Stratford | Historic Retail Building for Sale
• The former “Avon Hotel” has been an integral part of Stratford for over 150 years. Sitting on the historic Linton Survey, this gracious 3 storey building offers approximately 10,000 sq. ft. of space on a prime corner. Situated close to Downtown, the new bus terminal, the railway station, the skate park, the skate park, University of Waterloo, the Avon Theatre and the soon to be built Community Hub.
• This 19th Century Gem, constructed in two phases between 1852 and 1869, has undergone intensive structural rehabilitation and updates.
• All work carried out with permits, under engineers’ direct oversight. New and upgraded water and sewer systems including a 2” water service more than ample for commercial or residential uses.
• The Vendor invites inspection by buyers with their professional engineers and contractors
• Currently zoned Highway Commercial (C2-20), uses include mixed-use residential/commercial, office building, medical centre, hotel, institutional, apartment or condo project, student housing or Airbnb.
• Seller has considerable engineering drawings and draft proposals for the completion and expansion of the building. Draft proposals include up to 60 student units to serve the University of Waterloo Stratford Campus.
For more information, please contact:
As a market leader, Cushman & Wakefield Waterloo Region offers a full range of commercial real estate brokerage services to property owners, tenants and buyers serving Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph and on a regional, national and international level. The depth of knowledge and experience of our commercial brokerage team enables us to complete a single transaction as easily as a multiple-building acquisition.
Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenue of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facility services (C&W Services), global occupier services, investment & asset management (DTZ Investors), project & development services, tenant representation, and valuation & advisory. To learn more, visit Our Services or follow us on Twitter @CushWakewr.